It finally feels like spring is in the air. Time for spring cleaning in my home, and in my body. I’ve been thinking about doing a 30 day healthy living challenge with my girl Kelly. Here is my question to you: have you ever done a detox? If so, what tools did you use? Accountability is key for me, so having a network to support me through the 30 days *should* give me the support I need. If you feel inspired to clean out your figurative ‘closet’ this spring, message me and we can come up with a plan to hold each other accountable. So, starting next week for the entire month of April, my meals will be following the Arbonne 30 days to healthy living guidelines.
In other news, this move is really taking it out of me. If managed to stay awake long enough to pick my recipes for next week, but with all my cookbooks (i.e. the source of my power) packed, I’ve reached into my archives for a few old favourites. Angela Liddon is the godmother of vegan cooking in my books. I’ve never had a bad recipe from either of her cookbooks or her blog. Here are a few to get us through next week :
- Vegan kale Caesar salad with roasted chickpea croutons and cashew parmesan (nutritional info) – For Drew who looks after my boys on Wednesday in exchange for meals!
- Eat Wild Bowl with brown rice, greens, carrots, sprouts, avocado, hemp hearts, olives, homemade cashew cheese, homemade sauerkraut, pumpkin seeds, and tahini dressing: Because this is my spirit meal, and I need it in my belly!
- Teriyaki Quinoa Bowl: This would be good heated up for a few minutes.
- OMG Veggie burgers: Wrapped in greens, with topped roasted veg. These are the best veggie burgers ever from my favourite cookbook ever Oh She Glows Everyday. Honestly, if you only have 1 cookbook in your vegan arsenal it should be this one. If you have two, may as well get her first cookbook Oh She Glows as well.
- Butternut, red lentil and sweet potato stew: You can heat this one up for a few minutes. Would be really good topped with sriracha (or the hot sauce of your choice).
Until next week, eat wild my child
2 Comments Add yours
I love the Arbonne 30 Days to Healthy Living! Just started it for my second time two days ago! It’s amazing! Gonna follow along with you 🙂
Thanks for following along Courtney!
LikeLiked by 1 person